There was a time retirement meant relaxing. But today, seniors see it as a time to turn their attention to the joys of life … family, friends, travel, hobbies and adventures. If you want a lifestyle that gives you the services and amenities to enjoy an engaging, entertaining life full of possibilities you may want to consider a Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community or CCRC.
Why the two names? The terms are used interchangeably to describe communities offering a wide range of services and amenities and a full continuum of care on-site. At Presbyterian Village Austell, we offer:
- Supportive living — Receive just the right amount of assistance with daily activities to allow you to maintain your independence.
- Memory support — We meet the special needs of seniors with memory loss by using a person-centered approach that allows residents to set their own schedule.
- Skilled nursing — We create a personalized care plan for the management of chronic conditions.
- Rehabilitation — Our team of therapists uses an integrated approach to help you recover from illness, surgery or injury.
While many seniors would rather remain in their own homes, just imagine what you could accomplish if you freed yourself from the daily chores of home maintenance, repairs, housekeeping and even cooking.
If you’re thinking, “but I’ll have to downsize.” Consider just how much of your current home you actually use. And your new residence is about more than the number of bedrooms or your square footage. It’s also about all the fulfilling opportunities and friendly neighbors just outside your door.
To help you make a more informed choice, this post will look at the benefits of choosing a Life Plan Community.
A smart plan for today.
When you tour a community, do the people you meet feel like friendly neighbors? Does their community calendar offer a mix of activities you’d like to do and some you’d like to try? While every community offers a variety of services and amenities to give you more freedom to enjoy life, at Presbyterian Village Austell we offer:
- Interior, exterior and lawn maintenance
- Wellness center with heated indoor pool and whirlpool
- Fitness center and exercise room
- Wide array of fitness classes, including water aerobics, resistance training, stretching and Tai Chi
- Personal trainer to guide your progress
- Massage therapy
- Exceptional dining program
- Well-rounded cultural, educational and entertainment events
- Gardening opportunities
- Paved outdoor walking and jogging trails
- Tennis courts
- Volunteer opportunities on and off campus
- Travel opportunities around the community and state
- Chapel and a full-time chaplain
- Worship and spiritual care services
- Spiritual life committee
- Pharmacy with a full-time pharmacist
- Hair salon
- Guest apartment for families and friends
- Relaxing gazebo on a peaceful lake
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, dining out and other off-campus activities
- Postal center
- 24-hour security
- Emergency alert systems
Before making your final decision you might ask if you can stay in a community’s guest suite to get a feel for the community and its lifestyle.
A smart plan for tomorrow.
The main reason many seniors choose a Life Plan Community is because they can keep enjoying the life they’ve always lived while exploring new opportunities. Another big benefit to you and your family is the peace of mind of knowing senior care is available right on-site, should you or your spouse ever need it. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 70% of seniors over 65 will need some type of long-term care.
If you and your spouse ever need different levels of senior health care, in most cases you’ll still be able to live together or within close enough distance to make spending time together convenient.
While the security of on-site care allows you to relax and enjoy life, a key to successful aging is a community’s health and wellness philosophy. You’ll want to choose an option that focuses on healthy living with programs designed to keep you active in mind, body and spirit.
Learn more about your options.
Presbyterian Village Austell offers all levels of living including Independent Living, Supportive Living, Memory Support, Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation. If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of a Life Plan Community/Continuing Care Retirement Community like ours, contact us here.